Monday, February 14, 2011

Who the Bleep did I marry?

I spent this past weekend at my aunt's house. My aunt is fantastic, and I could wax poetic about her. However, this particular post is about a trash TV show that we watched a marathon of. It's called "Who the Bleep Did I Marry," and it's about women who find out that their husband is a serial killer, serial rapist, or other unpleasant activity. One was a dentist who lost his license and ended up selling body parts that were not authorized.

The question in my mind the whole time is "How do you NOT KNOW that your husband is doing this?" I'm not sure I came to a conclusion, honestly. I can't say that I would not be equally as unaware. You spend a certain amount of time away from your significant other every day. If my boyfriend didn't talk about what he does every day, I wouldn't know. I would respect my partner's desire not to talk about his work. At the same time, I would find it suspicious.

A couple of the episodes featured women who turned their husbands in. These men would not have gotten caught if it weren't for the women helping the police. It made me wonder who I would turn into the police, my ex-boyfriends in particular. Only one truly came to mind! If I had known that he was doing something illegal, I'd have been at the police station in a heartbeat. That attitude is indicative of the relationship and the reason it ended, though.

The lesson here? Make sure you talk to your significant other enough to know what he or she does during the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment